Stepping Into a New Future: Our 2016 Gala & Auction
On Saturday, November 5, 2016 a record setting 250 Samaritan Ministry friends, old and new, came out to celebrate 30 years of Next Steps and the 2016 Gala, themed "Stepping Into the Future." In the beautiful sanctuary of St. Stephen and the Incarnation Church in DC's Columbia Heights, where Samaritan Ministry's first office was located back in 1986, we enjoyed the beautiful music sponsored by Marifran Bustion and Richard Sellers, and the delicious food of Mindy's Catering. Flowing with Tuppers' Hop Pocket Ale sponsored by Bob and Ellie Tupper and wine sponsored by Diane Adams and Danette Kauffman, the silent and live auction with auctioneer Ernie Rogers of Black Tie Benefit Auctions was a great success, and much fun!
The work and energy of our wonderful awardees was celebrated. Our deepest thank to each of them:
Ms. Peggy Beers, St. Patrick's, DC, 2016 Compassionate Samaritan Award - for extended and exceptional service to SMGW (photo at right, top)
- Ms. Yolanda Jeter, NW office, 2016 Outstanding Participant Award - for outstanding achievement as a SMGW participant (photo at right center)
- 2016 Outstanding Partner of the Year Award - for exceptional sharing of their collective time, talent and treasure as members of the Partner Council:
- St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, Washington, DC
- St. Francis' Episcopal Church, Great Falls, VA
- St. Andrew's Episcopal School, Potomac, MD
Over $70,000 was raised to support the more than 2,000 people Samaritan Ministry expects to participate in Next Step Program our change-work in the year ahead. Our gracious thanks and appreciation to all the sponsors that made the evening possible.