New Satellite Office in Silver Spring
Welcoming participants and volunteers Tuesday's from 9am-1pm is Samaritan Ministry's newest satellite office at the Episcopal Church of Our Saviour, 1700 Powder Mill Road in Silver Spring.
Using Samaritan's tested Next Step Program, participants have a new place to make lasting changes in their lives and work with volunteers ready to support this hard work.
Here's how the program works:
Participants may need to look for a job, find a place to live, improve family life or learn to manage recovery from an illness or addiction. The Next Step Program helps participants set goals and take steps toward those goals in a supportive environment of coaching and services.
Coaching and services are avaialble to:
- Develop a resume
- Learn to use computers to look for a job
- Set up and use email to apply for jobs
- Use the Internet to submit on-line applications
- Obtain a valid photo ID
- Select clothing appropriate for a job interview
- Prepare for job interviews
Volunteer caseworkers assist participants to:
- Complete applications for benefits such as SSI and Food Stamps (SNAP)
- Develop a plan to find a place to live
- Identify and apply to shelter and transitional housing
- Apply for medical benefits and find care
- Enter detox and recovery programs
- Make appointments for mental health services
- Find education and job training programs
- Find legal advice, and
- Develop a personal spending plan
The office is open Tuesdays 9am - 1pm at:
Episcopal Church of Our Saviour
1700 Powder Mill Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20903
To reach the location by public transportation, the best buses are the #20 or Ride-On buses #22 or #28.